Terms & Conditions for Major Events at Anglesey Showground
Definitions ‘Anglesey Showground’ means Anglesey Agricultural Society and its venue hire facility known as ‘Anglesey Showground’
‘The Client’ and ‘You’ means the organising body/company and organiser responsible for commissioning of and payment for the event.
The ‘Contract’ means the agreement between Anglesey Showground and The Client for a specific booking or series of bookings. These Terms & Conditions will form part of the Contract, together with any other terms stated in the correspondence.
1. Anglesey Showground requires at least 14 days’ notice prior to arrival date to arrange any credit facilities. Credit accounts must not exceed their credit limit at any time.
2. Payment is due for credit accounts 30 days following the date of invoice. Payments must be made in pounds sterling (UKL) payable to Anglesey Agricultural Society.
3. In the event of payment becoming overdue, interest at 3% above the current payable Bank base rate, as at the date of invoice, may be added to your account.
4. Unless otherwise specified in the letter of confirmation a deposit equal to 20% of quoted room hire charges will be required within 4 weeks of the issue of contract. Balance of hire will be required not less than 4 weeks prior to the start of the event.
Confirmation by the Client
5. All bookings are considered as provisional until the Contract is signed by both the Client and a representative of the Anglesey Agricultural Society. Once the Contract is signed by both parties, all such provisions reserved on your behalf will be subject to the terms and conditions of the Contract.
6. The Contract must be returned by the Clients and received by Anglesey Showground within 4 weeks of the date of issue or, if such time is not available prior to the date of arrival, within a maximum of 48 hours. If the Contract is not received by Anglesey Showground within this period, Anglesey Showground reserves the right to release the provisional booking and re-let the facilities.
7. Numbers must be advised to Anglesey Showground at the time of verbal confirmation and will be identified on the Contract. Final numbers, timings, and any special requests must be confirmed to Anglesey Showground at least 10 days prior to arrival.
Amendments by the Client
8. Amendments to guest numbers and/or arrangements must be confirmed to Anglesey Showground in writing, by letter or email.
9. Reduction in the duration or contracted value of the booking will be subject to the Anglesey Showground Cancellation Policy.
10. No charges will be made for any reductions in: (a) venue hire value of less than 10% from those stated on the Contract, providing they are received in writing by Anglesey Showground (by letter or email) at least 4 weeks prior to arrival. (b) numbers of less than 10% from those stated on the Contract, providing they are received in writing by Anglesey Showground (by letter or email) at least 10 days prior to arrival.
11. Should a reduction in venue hire value of 10% or more be made at any point more than 4 weeks prior to the event, Anglesey Showground will first endeavour to re-sell any facilities and services released to a similar value. In the event that the released facilities and services cannot be re-sold, then any reductions of 10% or more shall be subject to the Cancellation Policy, as detailed in clauses 13-14 below.
12. Final numbers, within the terms stated in clauses 10 and 11, must be notified to Anglesey Showground at least 10 days prior to arrival. These will be the minimum number for which the Client will be charged.
Cancellation by the Client
13. In the unfortunate circumstances that you have to cancel or postpone your confirmed booking at any time prior to the event, Anglesey Showground will make every effort to re-sell the facilities on your behalf. Re-hire fees will be credited against the Clients cancellation charge on a pro rata basis, in order to minimize the charge to the Client.
The Showground Cancellation Policy is as follows: Up to 6 months prior to the start of the event: If re-scheduled no Charge: – If permanently cancelled 25% of quoted costs. Less than 6 months and prior to 4 weeks of the start of the event: 60% of quoted costs. Less than 4 weeks prior to start of event: 100% of quoted costs.
14. Any cancellation, postponement or partial cancellation should be advised to the Showground Office in the first instance verbally, however Anglesey Showground require that cancellations are put in writing by the Client (by letter or email).
Amendments or Cancellations due to COVID-19 (or other pandemic)
15. Both parties acknowledge the ongoing COVID-19 crisis in the UK and accept their obligation to comply with any official guidance from UK Government.
16. The parties agree to communicate without delay any issues they may have in performing their obligations under this agreement. You [organiser] acknowledge that COVID-19 may require us to take one or more of the following measures for the safety of our staff and the safety of delegates attending the event to which this booking relates:
(i) impose maximum delegate numbers at the event;
(ii) limit food or drink availability;
(iii) impose specific requirements regarding personal protective equipment such as the wearing of masks;
(iv) limit any planned entertainment or other third party services for your event;
(v) designate alternative entrance and exit routes. In some circumstances in may be necessary to consider revising your charges.
17. If we are obliged due to specific Government restrictions, to close our venue, we may offer you an alternative date for the event but if that cannot be agreed the booking will be deemed cancelled and your deposit will be returned in full with no further payment required.
18. If you are unable to provide the agreed delegate numbers because of infections or travel restrictions, then we will offer you either a proportionate reduced fee for the event or agree to cancel the booking and return your deposit and any additional sums already paid in accordance with Meeting Industry Association guidelines. Amendments or Cancellation by Anglesey Showground
(a) Should Anglesey Showground for reasons beyond its control, need to make any amendments to your booking, it reserves the right to offer an alternative choice of facilities.
(b) Should the Client make significant changes to the programme or the expected number of guests, this may result in amendments in the applicable rates and/or facilities offered by the Showground.
20. Anglesey Showground may cancel the booking if:
(a) the booking might, in the opinion of the Showground, prejudice the reputation of the Anglesey Agricultural Society, or is in contravention of policy.
(b) the Client is more than 30 days in arrears of any previous payments to Anglesey Agricultural Society
(c) Anglesey Showground becomes aware of any alteration in the Client’s financial situation.
21. All spaces are available only for the times and dates shown on your Contract. These times include set up and break down periods and any extension may incur additional charges.
22. Anglesey Showground reserves the right to approve any externally arranged entertainment, services or activities that you have arranged and cannot accept liability for any resultant cost.
23. Should any of your delegates be unable to correct any aspect of poor behaviour or activities unacceptable to the Showground, it reserves the right to terminate your booking. Should this occur, no monies will be refunded to you. The Showground’s decision will be final.
24. You are required to obtain prior written approval if you wish to fix items to the walls, floors or ceilings of to the Showground. The costs of repairing any damage caused to the property, contents or grounds by any of your delegates or representatives must be reimbursed in full by the Client.
25. No wines, spirits or foods may be brought into Anglesey Showground either for consumption or retail sale without the prior written consent of the Safety Advisory Group (SAG).
26. Anglesey Showground will not be liable for any failure to provide or delay in providing facilities, services, food or beverages as a result of events or matters outside its control.
27. The Anglesey Showground’s name/logo may be used in publicity, once a proof of the promotional material has been agreed with the Society.
28. The Client is responsible for ensuring that any band or musician employed by them complies with statutory requirements and the requirements of the management of the Anglesey Showground.
29. Anglesey Showground must comply with all licensing and statutory regulations and requires the Client to fulfil their obligations in this respect.
30. Where prices are quoted inclusive of VAT, it is shown at the rate prevailing when the Contract was prepared and is subject to alterations should the rate change.
31. Anglesey Showground requires all Clients to have proof of Public Liability insurance to a minimum of £5,000,000 (any one occurrence) and advises Clients to take insurance to protect against costs incurred through unforeseen cancellation of events. Anglesey Showground does not accept liability for any claim unless required by statute